In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. Alif-Lâm-Mîm. [These letters are
one of the miracles of the Qur'ân and none but Allâh
(Alone) knows their meanings].
2. This is the Book (the Qur'ân), whereof there is
no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqûn [the
pious and righteous persons who fear Allâh much (abstain
from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden)
and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which
He has ordained)].
3. Who believe in the Ghaib 
and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât),
 and spend out of what we have provided for
them [i.e. give Zakât , spend
on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc.,
and also give charity to the poor and also in Allâh's Cause
- Jihâd, etc.].
4. And who believe in (the Qur'ân and the Sunnah)
 which has been sent down (revealed) to you (Muhammad
Peace be upon him ) and in [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel
(Gospel), etc.] which were sent down before you and they believe
with certainty in the Hereafter. (Resurrection, recompense of
their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell, etc.).
5. They are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they
are the successful.
6. Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them
whether you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) warn them or do not
warn them, they will not believe.
7. Allâh has set a seal on their hearts and on their
hearings, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allâh's Guidance),
and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great
8. And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say:
"We believe in Allâh and the Last Day" while in
fact they believe not.
9. They (think to) deceive Allâh and those who believe,
while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not!
10. In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy)
and Allâh has increased their disease. A painful torment
is theirs because they used to tell lies.
11. And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief
on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers."
12. Verily! They are the ones who make mischief, but they
13. And when it is said to them (hypocrites): "Believe
as the people (followers of Muhammad Peace be upon him , Al-Ansâr
and Al-Muhajirûn) have believed," they say:
"Shall we believe as the fools have believed?" Verily,
they are the fools, but they know not.
14. And when they meet those who believe, they say: "We
believe," but when they are alone with their Shayâtin
(devils - polytheists, hypocrites, etc.), they say: "Truly,
we are with you; verily, we were but mocking."
15. Allâh mocks at them and gives them increase in
their wrong-doings to wander blindly.
16. These are they who have purchased error for guidance,
so their commerce was profitless. And they were not guided.
17. Their likeness is as the likeness of one who kindled
a fire; then, when it lighted all around him, Allâh took
away their light and left them in darkness. (So) they could not
18. They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not
(to the Right Path).
19. Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness,
thunder, and lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears
to keep out the stunning thunderclap for fear of death. But Allâh
ever encompasses the disbelievers (i.e. Allâh will gather
them all together).
20. The lightning almost snatches away their sight, whenever
it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers
them, they stand still. And if Allâh willed, He could have
taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allâh
has power over all things.
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allâh), Who created
you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqûn
(the pious - see V.2:2).
22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and
the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and
brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do
not set up rivals unto Allâh (in worship) while you know
(that He Alone has the right to be worshipped). 
23. And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are
in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'ân)
to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Sûrah
(chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters
and helpers) besides Allâh, if you are truthful.
24. But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then
fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for
25. And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous
good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow
(Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom,
they will say: "This is what we were provided with before,"
and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same
form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwâjun
Mutahharatun  (purified mates or
wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will
abide therein forever.
26. Verily, Allâh is not ashamed to set forth a parable
even of a mosquito or so much more when it is bigger (or less
when it is smaller) than it. And as for those who believe, they
know that it is the Truth from their Lord, but as for those who
disbelieve, they say: "What did Allâh intend by this
parable?" By it He misleads many, and many He guides thereby.
And He misleads thereby only those who are Al-Fâsiqûn
(the rebellious, disobedient to Allâh). 
27. Those who break Allâh's Covenant after ratifying
it, and sever what Allâh has ordered to be joined (as regards
Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism, and to practise
its legal laws on the earth and also as regards keeping good relations
with kith and kin ), and do mischief on earth,
it is they who are the losers.
28. How can you disbelieve in Allâh? Seeing that
you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death,
then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection)
and then unto Him you will return.
29. He it is Who created for you all that is on earth.
Then He Istawâ (rose over) towards the heaven and
made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything.
30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily,
I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on
earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who
will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify
You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they
associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allâh)
said: "I know that which you do not know."
31. And He taught Adam all the names (of everything)
, then He showed them to the angels and said,
"Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful."
32. They (angels) said: "Glory be to You, we have
no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You,
the All-Knower, the All-Wise."
33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names,"
and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did
I not tell you that I know the Ghaib (unseen) in the heavens
and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been
34. And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate
yourselves before Adam.". And they prostrated except Iblîs
(Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers
(disobedient to Allâh).
35. And We said: "O Adam! Dwell you and your wife
in the Paradise and eat both of you freely with pleasure and delight
of things therein as wherever you will, but come not near this
tree or you both will be of the Zâlimûn (wrong-doers)."
36. Then the Shaitân (Satan) made them slip
therefrom (the Paradise), and got them out from that in which
they were. We said: "Get you down, all, with enmity between
yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment
for a time."
37. Then Adam received from his Lord Words .
And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He
is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful.
38. We said: "Get down all of you from this place
(the Paradise), then whenever there comes to you Guidance from
Me, and whoever follows My Guidance, there shall be no fear on
them, nor shall they grieve.
39. But those who disbelieve and belie Our Ayât
(proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)
such are the dwellers of the Fire, they shall abide therein forever.
40. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed
upon you, and fulfill (your obligations to) My Covenant (with
you) so that I fulfill (My Obligations to) your covenant (with
Me), and fear none but Me.
41. And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'ân),
confirming that which is with you, [the Taurât (Torah) and
the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein,
and buy [get (ÊÇÎÐ ÇÌÑÇ)]
not with My Verses [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)]
a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses),
and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol.
I, Page 253).
42. And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth
[i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allâh's Messenger and
his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurât
(Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth)
43. And perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât),
and give Zakât, and Irka' (i.e. bow down or
submit yourselves with obedience to Allâh) along with ArRaki'ûn.
44. Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness
and each and every act of obedience to Allâh) on the people
and you forget (to practise it) yourselves, 
while you recite the Scripture [the Taurât (Torah)]! Have
you then no sense?
45. And seek help in patience and As-Salât
(the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for
Al-Khâshi'ûn [i.e. the true believers in Allâh
- those who obey Allâh with full submission, fear much from
His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise, etc.) and
in His Warnings (Hell, etc.)].
46. (They are those) who are certain that they are going
to meet their Lord, and that unto Him they are going to return.
47. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed
upon you and that I preferred you to the 'Alamîn (mankind
and jinns) (of your time period, in the past).
48. And fear a Day (of Judgement) when a person shall not
avail another, nor will intercession be accepted from him nor
will compensation be taken from him nor will they be helped.
49. And (remember) when We delivered you from Fir'aun's
(Pharaoh) people, who were afflicting you with a horrible torment,
killing your sons and sparing your women, and therein was a mighty
trial from your Lord.
50. And (remember) when We separated the sea for you and
saved you and drowned Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people while you were
looking (at them, when the sea-water covered them).
51. And (remember) when We appointed for Mûsa (Moses)
forty nights, and (in his absence) you took the calf (for worship),
and you were Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers,
52. Then after that We forgave you so that you might be
53. And (remember) when We gave Mûsa (Moses) the
Scripture [the Taurât (Torah)] and the criterion (of right
and wrong) so that you may be guided aright.
54. And (remember) when Mûsa (Moses) said to his
people: "O my people! Verily, you have wronged yourselves
by worshipping the calf. So turn in repentance to your Creator
and kill yourselves (the innocent kill the wrongdoers among you),
that will be better for you with your Lord." Then He accepted
your repentance. Truly, He is the One Who accepts repentance,
the Most Merciful.
55. And (remember) when you said: "O Mûsa (Moses)!
We shall never believe in you till we see Allâh plainly."
But you were seized with a thunderbolt (lightning) while you were
56. Then We raised you up after your death, so that you
might be grateful.
57. And We shaded you with clouds and sent down on you
Al-Manna  and the quails, (saying):
"Eat of the good lawful things We have provided for you,"
(but they rebelled). And they did not wrong Us but they wronged
58. And (remember) when We said: "Enter this town
(Jerusalem) and eat bountifully therein with pleasure and delight
wherever you wish, and enter the gate in prostration (or bowing
with humility) and say: 'Forgive us,' and We shall forgive you
your sins and shall increase (reward) for the good-doers."
59. But those who did wrong changed the word from that
which had been told to them for another, so We sent upon the wrong-doers
Rijzan (a punishment)  from the heaven
because of their rebelling against Allâh's Obedience. (Tafsir
At-Tabarî, Vol. I, Page 305).
60. And (remember) when Mûsa (Moses) asked for water
for his people, We said: "Strike the stone with your stick."
Then gushed forth therefrom twelve springs. Each (group of) people
knew its own place for water. "Eat and drink of that which
Allâh has provided and do not act corruptly, making mischief
on the earth."
61. And (remember) when you said, "O Mûsa (Moses)!
We cannot endure one kind of food. So invoke your Lord for us
to bring forth for us of what the earth grows, its herbs, its
cucumbers, its Fûm (wheat or garlic), its lentils
and its onions." He said, "Would you exchange that which
is better for that which is lower? Go you down to any town and
you shall find what you want!" And they were covered with
humiliation and misery, and they drew on themselves the Wrath
of Allâh. That was because they used to disbelieve the Ayât
(proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)
of Allâh and killed the Prophets wrongfully. That was because
they disobeyed and used to transgress the bounds (in their disobedience
to Allâh, i.e. commit crimes and sins).
62. Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and
Christians, and Sabians,  whoever believes
in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall
have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor
shall they grieve .
63. And (O Children of Israel, remember) when We took your
covenant and We raised above you the Mount (saying): "Hold
fast to that which We have given you, and remember that which
is therein so that you may become Al-Muttaqûn (the
pious - see V.2:2).
64. Then after that you turned away. Had it not been for
the Grace and Mercy of Allâh upon you, indeed you would
have been among the losers.
65. And indeed you knew those amongst you who transgressed
in the matter of the Sabbath (i.e. Saturday). We said to
them: "Be you monkeys, despised and rejected."
66. So We made this punishment an example to their own
and to succeeding generations and a lesson to those who are Al-Muttaqûn
(the pious - see V.2:2).
67. And (remember) when Mûsa (Moses) said to his
people: "Verily, Allâh commands you that you slaughter
a cow." They said, "Do you make fun of us?" He
said, "I take Allâh's Refuge from being among Al-Jâhilûn
(the ignorants or the foolish)."
68. They said, "Call upon your Lord for us that He
may make plain to us what it is!" He said, "He says,
'Verily, it is a cow neither too old nor too young, but (it is)
between the two conditions', so do what you are commanded."
69. They said, "Call upon your Lord for us to make
plain to us its colour." He said, "He says, 'It is a
yellow cow, bright in its colour, pleasing to the beholders.'
70. They said, "Call upon your Lord for us to make
plain to us what it is. Verily to us all cows are alike, And surely,
if Allâh wills, we will be guided."
71. He [Mûsa (Moses)] said, "He says, 'It is
a cow neither trained to till the soil nor water the fields, sound,
having no other colour except bright yellow.' " They said,
"Now you have brought the truth." So they slaughtered
it though they were near to not doing it.
72. And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into
dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allâh brought
forth that which you were hiding.
73. So We said: "Strike him (the dead man) with a
piece of it (the cow)." Thus Allâh brings the dead
to life and shows you His Ayât (proofs, evidences,
verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) so that you may understand.
74. Then, after that, your hearts were hardened and became
as stones or even worse in hardness. And indeed, there are stones
out of which rivers gush forth, and indeed, there are of them
(stones) which split asunder so that water flows from them, and
indeed, there are of them (stones) which fall down for fear of
Allâh. And Allâh is not unaware of what you do.
75. Do you (faithful believers) covet that they will believe
in your religion inspite of the fact that a party of them (Jewish
rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allâh [the Taurât
(Torah)], then they used to change it knowingly after they understood
76. And when they (Jews) meet those who believe (Muslims),
they say, "We believe", but when they meet one another
in private, they say, "Shall you (Jews) tell them (Muslims)
what Allâh has revealed to you [Jews, about the description
and the qualities of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him , that
which are written in the Taurât (Torah)] ,
that they (Muslims) may argue with you (Jews) about it before
your Lord?" Have you (Jews) then no understanding?
77. Know they (Jews) not that Allâh knows what they
conceal and what they reveal?
78. And there are among them (Jews) unlettered people,
who know not the Book, but they trust upon false desires and they
79. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own
hands and then say, "This is from Allâh," to purchase
with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have
written and woe to them for that they earn thereby.
80. And they (Jews) say, "The Fire (i.e. Hell-fire
on the Day of Resurrection) shall not touch us but for a few numbered
days." Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him to them): "Have
you taken a covenant from Allâh, so that Allâh will
not break His Covenant? Or is it that you say of Allâh what
you know not?"
81. Yes! Whosoever earns evil and his sin has surrounded
him, they are dwellers of the Fire (i.e. Hell); they will dwell
82. And those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh
ÊÚÇáì - Islâmic Monotheism)
and do righteous good deeds, they are dwellers of Paradise, they
will dwell therein forever.
83. And (remember) when We took a covenant from the Children
of Israel, (saying): Worship none but Allâh (Alone) and
be dutiful and good to parents, and to kindred, and to orphans
and Al-Masâkîn  (the poor),
[Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol. 10, Page 158 (Verse 9:60)]
and speak good to people [i.e. enjoin righteousness and forbid
evil, and say the truth about Muhammad Peace be upon him ], and
perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât),
and give Zakât. Then you slid back, except a few
of you, while you are backsliders. (Tafsir Al-Qurtubî,
Vol. 2, Page 392).
84. And (remember) when We took your covenant (saying):
Shed not the blood of your people, nor turn out your own people
from their dwellings. Then, (this) you ratified and (to this)
you bear witness.
85. After this, it is you who kill one another and drive
out a party of you from their homes, assist (their enemies) against
them, in sin and transgression. And if they come to you as captives,
you ransom them, although their expulsion was forbidden to you.
Then do you believe in a part of the Scripture and reject the
rest? Then what is the recompense of those who do so among you,
except disgrace in the life of this world, and on the Day of Resurrection
they shall be consigned to the most grievous torment. And Allâh
is not unaware of what you do.
86. Those are they who have bought the life of this world
at the price of the Hereafter. Their torment shall not be lightened
nor shall they be helped.
87. And indeed, We gave Mûsa (Moses) the Book and
followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And We gave 'Iesa
(Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him
with Rûh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel) <><>]. Is it that
whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves
desired not, you grew arrogant? Some, you disbelieved and some,
88. And they say, "Our hearts are wrapped (i.e. do
not hear or understand Allâh's Word)." Nay, Allâh
has cursed them for their disbelief, so little is that which they
89. And when there came to them (the Jews), a Book (this
Qur'ân) from Allâh confirming what is with them [the
Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], although aforetime
they had invoked Allâh (for coming of Muhammad Peace be
upon him ) in order to gain victory over those who disbelieved,
then when there came to them that which they had recognised, they
disbelieved in it. So let the Curse of Allâh be on the disbelievers.
90. How bad is that for which they have sold their ownselves,
that they should disbelieve in that which Allâh has revealed
(the Qur'ân), grudging that Allâh should reveal of
His Grace unto whom He will of His slaves. So they have drawn
on themselves wrath upon wrath. And for the disbelievers, there
is disgracing torment.
91. And when it is said to them (the Jews), "Believe
in what Allâh has sent down," they say, "We believe
in what was sent down to us." And they disbelieve in that
which came after it, while it is the truth confirming what is
with them. Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him to them): "Why
then have you killed the Prophets of Allâh aforetime, if
you indeed have been believers?"
92. And indeed Mûsa (Moses) came to you with clear
proofs, yet you worshipped the calf after he left, and you were
Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers).
93. And (remember) when We took your covenant and We raised
above you the Mount (saying), "Hold firmly to what We have
given you and hear (Our Word). They said, "We have heard
and disobeyed." And their hearts absorbed (the worship of)
the calf because of their disbelief. Say: "Worst indeed is
that which your faith enjoins on you if you are believers."
94. Say to (them): "If the home of the Hereafter with
Allâh is indeed for you specially and not for others, of
mankind, then long for death if you are truthful."
95. But they will never long for it because of what their
hands have sent before them (i.e. what they have done). And Allâh
is All-Aware of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and
96. And verily, you will find them (the Jews) the greediest
of mankind for life and (even greedier) than those who - ascribe
partners to Allâh (and do not believe in Resurrection -
Magians, pagans, and idolaters, etc.). Everyone of them wishes
that he could be given a life of a thousand years. But the grant
of such life will not save him even a little from (due) punishment.
And Allâh is All-Seer of what they do.
97. Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ): "Whoever
is an enemy to Jibrael (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury),
for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'ân) down to your
heart by Allâh's Permission, confirming what came before
it [i.e. the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and
guidance and glad tidings for the believers.
98. "Whoever is an enemy to Allâh, His Angels,
His Messengers, Jibrael (Gabriel) and Mikael (Michael),
then verily, Allâh is an enemy to the disbelievers."
99. And indeed We have sent down to you manifest Ayât
(these Verses of the Qur'ân which inform in detail about
the news of the Jews and their secret intentions, etc.), and none
disbelieve in them but Fâsiqûn (those who rebel
against Allâh's Command).
100. Is it not (the case) that every time they make a covenant,
some party among them throw it aside? Nay! the truth is most of
them believe not.
101. And when there came to them a Messenger from Allâh
(i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him ) confirming what was with them,
a party of those who were given the Scripture threw away the Book
of Allâh behind their backs as if they did not know!
102. They followed what the Shayâtin (devils)
gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaimân
(Solomon). Sulaimân did not disbelieve, but the Shayâtin
(devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that
came down at Babylon to the two angels, Hârût and
Mârût, but neither of these two (angels) taught
anyone (such things) till they had said, "We are only for
trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)."
And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause
separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm
anyone except by Allâh's Leave. And they learn that which
harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the
buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And
how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if
they but knew.
103. And if they had believed, and guarded themselves from
evil and kept their duty to Allâh, far better would have
been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!
104. O you who believe! Say not (to the Messenger Peace
be upon him ) Râ'ina  but
say Unzurna (Do make us understand) and hear. And for the
disbelievers there is a painful torment. (See Verse 4:46)
105. Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the
Scripture (Jews and Christians) nor Al-Mushrikûn (the
disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, idolaters, polytheists,
pagans, etc.) like that there should be sent down unto you any
good from your Lord. But Allâh chooses for His Mercy whom
He wills. And Allâh is the Owner of Great Bounty.
106. Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause
to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know
you not that Allâh is able to do all things?
107. Know you not that it is Allâh to Whom belongs
the dominion of the heavens and the earth? And besides Allâh
you have neither any Walî (protector or guardian)
nor any helper.
108. Or do you want to ask your Messenger (Muhammad Peace
be upon him ) as Mûsa (Moses) was asked before (i.e. show
us openly our Lord?) And he who changes Faith for disbelief, verily,
he has gone astray from the right way.
109. Many of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)
wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you
have believed, out of envy from their ownselves, even, after the
truth (that Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allâh's Messenger)
has become manifest unto them. But forgive and overlook, till
Allâh brings His Command. Verily, Allâh is Able to
do all things.
110. And perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât),
and give Zakât, and whatever of good (deeds that
Allâh loves) you send forth for yourselves before you, you
shall find it with Allâh. Certainly, Allâh is All-Seer
of what you do.
111. And they say, "None shall enter Paradise unless
he be a Jew or a Christian." These are their own desires.
Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ), "Produce your proof
if you are truthful."
112. Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allâh
(i.e. follows Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds
totally for Allâh's sake only without any show off or to
gain praise or fame, etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah
of Allâh's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then
his reward is with his Lord (Allâh), on such shall be no
fear, nor shall they grieve. [See Tafsir Ibn Kathîr,
Vol.1, Page 154].
113. The Jews said that the Christians follow nothing (i.e.
are not on the right religion); and the Christians said that the
Jews follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); though
they both recite the Scripture. Like unto their word, said (the
pagans) who know not. Allâh will judge between them on the
Day of Resurrection about that wherein they have been differing.
114. And who is more unjust than those who forbid that
Allâh's Name be glorified and mentioned much (i.e. prayers
and invocations, etc.) in Allâh's Mosques and strive for
their ruin? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter
them (Allâh's Mosques) except in fear. For them there is
disgrace in this world, and they will have a great torment in
115. And to Allâh belong the east and the west, so
wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of
Allâh (and He is High above, over His Throne). Surely! Allâh
is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing.
116. And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allâh
has begotten a son (children or offspring). 
Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with
Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth,
and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him.
117. The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When
He decrees a matter, He only says to it : "Be!" - and
118. And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does
not Allâh speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign
come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar
import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the
signs for people who believe with certainty.
119. Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad Peace be upon
him ) with the truth (Islâm), a bringer of glad tidings
(for those who believe in what you brought, that they will enter
Paradise) and a warner (for those who disbelieve in what you brought,
they will enter the Hell-fire).  And you will
not be asked about the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
120. Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased
with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) till you follow their
religion. Say: "Verily, the Guidance of Allâh (i.e.
Islâmic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if
you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) were to follow their (Jews
and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge
(i.e. the Qur'ân), then you would have against Allâh
neither any Walî (protector or guardian) nor any
121. Those (who embraced Islâm from Banî Israel)
to whom We gave the Book [the Taurât (Torah)] [or those
(Muhammad's Peace be upon him companions) to whom We have given
the Book (the Qur'ân)] recite it (i.e. obey its orders and
follow its teachings) as it should be recited (i.e. followed),
they are the ones that believe therein. And whoso disbelieves
in it (the Qur'ân), those are they who are the losers. (Tafsir
Al-Qurtubî. Vol. 2, Page 95).
122. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed
upon you and that I preferred you to the 'Alamîn (mankind
and jinns) (of your time-period, in the past).
123. And fear the Day (of Judgement) when no person shall
avail another, nor shall compensation be accepted from him, nor
shall intercession be of use to him, nor shall they be helped.
124. And (remember) when the Lord of Ibrâhim (Abraham)
[i.e., Allâh] tried him with (certain) Commands, which he
fulfilled. He (Allâh) said (to him), "Verily, I am
going to make you a leader (Prophet) of mankind." [Ibrâhim
(Abraham)] said, "And of my offspring (to make leaders)."
(Allâh) said, "My Covenant (Prophethood, etc.) includes
not Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers)."
125. And (remember) when We made the House (the Ka'bah
at Makkah) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety.
And take you (people) the Maqâm (place) of Ibrâhim
(Abraham) [or the stone on which Ibrâhim (Abraham) <><