In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. (The Prophet (Peace be upon him)) frowned and turned
2. Because there came to him the blind man (i.e. 'Abdullâh
bin Umm-Maktûm, who came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him)
while he was preaching to one or some of the Quraish chiefs).
3. But what could tell you that per chance he might become
pure (from sins)?
4. Or that he might receive admonition, and that the admonition
might profit him?
5. As for him who thinks himself self-sufficient,
6. To him you attend;
7. What does it matter to you if he will not become pure
(from disbelief, you are only a Messenger, your duty is to convey
the Message of Allâh).
8. But as to him who came to you running.
9. And is afraid (of Allâh and His Punishment),
10. Of him you are neglectful and divert your attention
11. Nay, (do not do like this), indeed it (these Verses
of this Qur'ân) are an admonition,
12. So whoever wills, let him pay attention to it.
13. (It is) in Records held (greatly) in honour (Al-Lauh
14. Exalted (in dignity), purified,
15. In the hands of scribes (angels).
16. Honourable and obedient.
17. Be cursed (the disbelieving) man! How ungrateful he
18. From what thing did He create him?
19. From Nutfah (male and female semen drops) He
created him, and then set him in due proportion;
20. Then He makes the Path easy for him;
21. Then He causes him to die, and puts him in his grave;
22. Then, when it is His Will, He will resurrect him (again).
23. Nay, but (man) has not done what He commanded him.
24. Then let man look at his food,
25. That We pour forth water in abundance,
26. And We split the earth in clefts,
27. And We cause therein the grain to grow,
28. And grapes and clover plants (i.e. green fodder for
29. And olives and date-palms,
30. And gardens, dense with many trees,
31. And fruits and Abba (herbage, etc.),
32. (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
33. Then, when there comes As-Sâkhkhah (the
Day of Resurrection's second blowing of Trumpet),
34. That Day shall a man flee from his brother,
35. And from his mother and his father,
36. And from his wife and his children.
37. Everyman, that Day, will have enough to make him careless
38. Some faces that Day, will be bright (true believers
of Islâmic Monotheism).
39. Laughing, rejoicing at good news (of Paradise).
40. And other faces, that Day, will be dust-stained;
41. Darkness will cover them,
42. Such will be the Kafarah (disbelievers in Allâh,
in His Oneness, and in His Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him),
etc.), the Fajarah (wicked evil doers).