In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. When the sun Kuwwirat (wound round and lost its
light and is overthrown ).
2. And when the stars shall fall;
3. And when the mountains shall made to pass away;
4. And when the pregnant she-camels shall be neglected;
5. And when the wild beasts shall be gathered together;
6. And when the seas shall become as blazing Fire or shall
7. And when the souls shall be joined with their bodies;
8. And when the female (infant) buried alive (as the pagan
Arabs used to do) shall be questioned.
9. For what sin she was killed?
10. And when the written pages of deeds (good and bad)
of every person shall be laid open;
11. And when the heaven shall be stripped off and taken
away from its place;
12. And when Hell-fire shall be kindled to fierce ablaze.
13. And when Paradise shall be brought near,
14. (Then) every person will know what he has brought (of
good and evil).
15. So verily, I swear by the planets that recede (i.e.
disappear during the day and appear during the night).
16. And by the planets that move swiftly and hide themselves,
17. And by the night as it departs;
18. And by the dawn as it brightens;
19. Verily, this is the Word (this Qur'ân brought
by) a most honourable messenger [Jibrael (Gabriel), from Allâh
to the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)].
20. Owner of power, and high rank with (Allâh) the
Lord of the Throne,
21. Obeyed (by the angels), trustworthy there (in the heavens).
22. And (O people) your companion (Muhammad (Peace be upon
him)) is not a madman;
23. And indeed he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) saw him
[Jibrael (Gabriel)] in the clear horizon (towards the east).
24. And he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) withholds not
a knowledge of the unseen.
25. And it (the Qur'ân) is not the word of the outcast
26. Then where are you going?
27. Verily, this (the Qur'ân) is no less than a Reminder
to (all) the 'Alamîn (mankind and jinns)
28. To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight,
29. And you will not, unless (it be) that Allâh wills,
the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all