In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. When the heaven is cleft asunder.
2. And when the stars have fallen and scattered;
3. And when the seas are burst forth (got dried up);
4. And when the graves are turned upside down (and they
bring out their contents)
5. (Then) a person will know what he has sent forward and
(what he has) left behind (of good or bad deeds).
6. O man! What has made you careless concerning your Lord,
the Most Generous?
7. Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you
8. In whatever form He willed, He put you together.
9. Nay! But you deny the Recompense (reward for good deeds
and punishment for evil deeds).
10. But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge
of mankind) to watch you ,
11. Kirâman (honourable) Kâtibîn
writing down (your deeds) ,
12. They know all that you do.
13. Verily, the Abrâr (pious and righteous)
will be in delight (Paradise);
14. And verily, the Fujjâr (the wicked, disbelievers,
sinners and evil-doers) will be in the blazing Fire (Hell),
15. In which they will enter, and taste its burning flame
on the Day of Recompense,
16. And they (Al-Fujjâr) will not be absent
therefrom (i.e. will not go out from the Hell).
17. And what will make you know what the Day of Recompense
18. Again, what will make you know what the Day of Recompense
19. (It will be) the Day when no person shall have power
(to do) anything for another, and the Decision, that Day, will
be (wholly) with Allâh.