In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. Woe to Al-Mutaffifin [those who give less in
measure and weight (decrease the rights of others)],
2. Those who, when they have to receive by measure from
men, demand full measure,
3. And when they have to give by measure or weight to men,
give less than due.
4. Think they not that they will be resurrected (for reckoning),
5. On a Great Day,
6. The Day when (all) mankind will stand before the Lord
of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists)?
7. Nay! Truly, the Record (writing of the deeds) of the
Fujjâr (disbelievers, sinners, evil-doers and wicked)
is (preserved) in Sijjîn.
8. And what will make you know what Sijjîn is?
9. A Register inscribed.
10. Woe, that Day, to those who deny [(Allâh, His
Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection, and
Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments)].
11. Those who deny the Day of Recompense.
12. And none can deny it except every transgressor beyond
bounds, (in disbelief, oppression and disobedience of Allâh,
13. When Our Verses (of the Qur'ân) are recited to
him he says: "Tales of the ancients!"
14. Nay! But on their hearts is the Rân (covering
of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn .
15. Nay! Surely, they (evil-doers) will be veiled from
seeing their Lord that Day.
16. Then, verily they will indeed enter and taste the burning
flame of Hell.
17. Then, it will be said to them: "This is what you
used to deny!"
18. Nay! Verily, the Record (writing of the deeds) of Al-Abrâr
(the pious who fear Allâh and avoid evil), is (preserved)
19. And what will make you know what 'Illiyyûn
20. A Register inscribed.
21. To which bear witness those nearest (to Allâh,
i.e. the angels).
22. Verily, Al-Abrâr (the pious who fear Allâh
and avoid evil) will be in delight (Paradise).
23. On thrones, looking (at all things).
24. You will recognise in their faces the brightness of
25. They will be given to drink pure sealed wine.
26. The last thereof (that wine) will be the smell of musk,
and for this let (all) those strive who want to strive (i.e. hasten
earnestly to the obedience of Allâh).
27. It (that wine) will be mixed with Tasnîm.
28. A spring whereof drink those nearest to Allâh.
29. Verily! (During the worldly life) those who committed
crimes used to laugh at those who believed.
30. And whenever they passed by them, used to wink one
to another (in mockery);
31. And when they returned to their own people, they would
32. And when they saw them, they said: "Verily! These
have indeed gone astray!"
33. But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent
as watchers over them (the believers).
34. But this Day (the Day of Resurrection) those who believe
will laugh at the disbelievers
35. On (high) thrones, looking (at all things).
36. Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they
used to do?