In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. Glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most High,
2. Who has created (everything), and then proportioned
3. And Who has measured (preordainments for each and everything
even to be blessed or wretched); then guided (i.e. showed mankind
the right as well as wrong paths, and guided the animals to pasture);
4. And Who brings out the pasturage,
5. And then makes it dark stubble.
6. We shall make you to recite (the Qur'ân), so you
(O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) shall not forget (it),
7. Except what Allâh, may will, He knows what is
apparent and what is hidden.
8. And We shall make easy for you (O Muhammad (Peace be
upon him)) the easy way (i.e. the doing of righteous deeds).
9. Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits
10. The reminder will be received by him who fears (Allâh),
11. But it will be avoided by the wretched,
12. Who will enter the great Fire and made to taste its
13. Wherein he will neither die (to be in rest) nor live
(a good living).
14. Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism
and accepting Islâmic Monotheism) shall achieve success,
15. And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships
none but Allâh), and prays (five compulsory prayers and
Nawâfil additional prayers).
16. Nay, you prefer the life of this world;
17. Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting.
18. Verily! This is in the former Scriptures,
19. The Scriptures of Ibrâhim (Abraham) and Mûsa
(Moses) (<><> <>).