In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. And by the sun and its brightness;
2. And by the moon as it follows it (the sun);
3. And by the day as it shows up (the sun's) brightness;
4. And by the night as it conceals it (the sun);
5. And by the heaven and Him Who built it;
6. And by the earth and Him Who spread it,
7. And by Nafs (Adam or a person or a soul, etc.),
and Him Who perfected him in proportion;
8. Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is
right for him;
9. Indeed he succeeds who purifies his ownself (i.e. obeys
and performs all that Allâh ordered, by following the true
Faith of Islâmic Monotheism and by doing righteous good
10. And indeed he fails who corrupts his ownself (i.e.
disobeys what Allâh has ordered by rejecting the true Faith
of Islâmic Monotheism or by following polytheism, etc. or
by doing every kind of evil wicked deeds).
11. Thamûd (people) denied (their Prophet)
through their transgression (by rejecting the true Faith of Islâmic
Monotheism, and by following polytheism, and by committing every
kind of sin).
12. When the most wicked man among them went forth (to
kill the she-camel).
13. But the Messenger of Allâh [Sâlih (Saleh)
said to them: "Be cautious! Fear the evil end. That is the
she-camel of Allâh! (Do not harm it) and bar it not from
having its drink!"
14. Then they denied him and they killed it. So their Lord
destroyed them because of their sin, and made them equal in destruction
(i.e. all grades of people, rich and poor, strong and weak, etc.)!
15. And He (Allâh) feared not the consequences thereof.