In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. By the forenoon (after sun-rise);
2. And by the night when it is still (or darkens);
3. Your Lord (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) has neither
forsaken you nor hated you.
4. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the
present (life of this world).
5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good)
so that you shall be well-pleased.
6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him))
an orphan and gave you a refuge?
7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'ân, its legal
laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?
8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient
with selfcontentment, etc.)?
9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,
10. And repulse not the beggar;
11. And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood
and all other Graces).