In the Name of Allâh, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. Have you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) not seen how
your Lord dealt with the Owners of the Elephant? [The elephant
army which came from Yemen under the command of Abrahah Al-Ashram
intending to destroy the Ka'bah at Makkah].
2. Did He not make their plot go astray?
3. And sent against them birds, in flocks,
4. Striking them with stones of Sijjîl.
5. And made them like an empty field of stalks (of which
the corn has been eaten up by cattle).